Jiminy Krikit

...

9.08.2006

& in the news...

well, I've started working on an essay, using this music-industry article at the new york times website as source material (more on that at another time), but when I went back to see the article again, it had been moved to some archive where you had to buy it to access it (good thing I had it saved & printed already)...

what kind of crappy news-site is that? no wonder I never go there... I understand that they have an old-school mentality as far as the way they deal in content (a common enough problem, no question), but has anyone else noticed that most news sites out there don't have this problem/issue? granted, not every news site leaves articles up forever, but I don't recall ever being blocked in lieu of payment...

if this seems like old news to you, then it's probably because I have pretty much avoided the mainstream newspaper web-sites, biasely (& apparently correctly, in this instance) assuming they would struggle & try to make the technology conform to what they do, as opposed to being open to a new medium, with the inherent new quirks...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home